Why Quake Desk?
In an earthquake, it is possible for buildings to collapse, particularly Earthquake-Prone Buildings, which are buildings that are likely to collapse under a moderate earthquake.
NZ Civil Defence recommends that during an earthquake, you should Drop, Cover, and Hold.
If you are at work during an earthquake, regular office desks will only provide protection from small falling objects.
To address the risk of heavy falling objects, the Quake Desk was created to provide maximum protection, with a super strong, triangulated steel cage structure.
Click here to see the Quake Desk being tested.
The Quake Desk
• 1200 wide x 700 deep x 750 high
• 15 metres of 50x50x3 square tube steel, welded into a super strong triangulated cage structure
• Powder coated frame (any colour)
• SupaLam desk top (white/black/grey)
• Handles to hold during an earthquake
Starting from $1,299+gst
Starting from $1,299 +gst
NZ Survivor survival pack
Custom frame colours
Sealed, high quality plywood desk top
Custom sizes by request
Further customisation by request