Early Childhood (ECE) First Aid (Specific for 0 – 6 Years)
When faced with an emergency or helping an injured or seriously unwell child it can be frightening and difficult if you don’t know what to do. This course teaches you how to deal with injuries and illnesses that may commonly occur with our young children. We discuss how to identify and deal with serious illness and life-threatening medical emergencies.
This course is for people who have responsibility for young children, including those who provide home-based education and care services for young children, and may need the knowledge and skills to provide first aid for young children.
- Recommended for home-based educators, babysitters, parents, grandparents and other family caregivers.
- Providing peace of mind for those looking after children.
Our course program is delivered by highly experienced early childhood trainers and educators and emphasises practical realistic skills in an interesting, interactive learning environment.
Upon successful completion the trainee will be confident to:
- Recognise life-threatening situations and prevent conditions from
- Offer vital assistance before more experienced help arrives
Practical and theory lessons covering the following topics:
- CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) for infants and children.
- Managing choking.
- Breathing problems.
- Control of bleeding.
- Burn management.
- Stabilising broken bones.
- Severe allergic reactions – EPI pen use.
- Altered level of consciousness.
- Head injuries.
For 10 or more participants, NZ Survivor will have a trainer come to your workplace.