First Aid – Level 1
The aim of this course is to train a person to be capable of
providing immediate first aid in an emergency situation in order
to preserve life, promote recovery and prevent the casualty’s
condition from worsening.
We suggest this basic course to those who already have industry
safety rescue components built into other training.
The course contains theory and practical assessments
covering the following topics:
- Overview of HSW Act regulations relating to accidents in the
- Approaching an accident scene – hazard management.
- Primary assessment – workplace specific.
- CPR – adult / child / infant.
- Choking – adult / child / infant
- AED operation.
- Soft tissue injuries – sprains and strains
6401: 6402 – Provide basic life
- Shock and the recovery position.
- External & internal bleeding.
- Burns and scalds.
- Fractures and dislocations.
- Breathing difficulties.
- Heart conditions.
- Stroke and seizures.
- Allergies and anaphylaxis.
For 10 or more participants, NZ Survivor will have a trainer come to your workplace.